About VDA 2016
The Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA) 2016 covers all research and development and application aspects of data visualization and data analytics. Since the first VDA conference was held in 1994, the annual event has grown steadily into a major venue for visualization researchers and practitioners from around the world to present their work and share their experience every year. We invite you to participate by submitting your original research as a full paper or a poster paper and attending VDA 2016 at the Hilton Union Square Hotel in San Francisco, CA.
Please note the two new submission options for this year’s conference:(1) Journal submission option: Authors have the option to submit their papers directly to the Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. If accepted, the paper will be presented at the VDA conference and be published in the Journal of Imaging Science and Technology with a reprint of the paper in the EI Proceedings.
(2) Presentation-only option: Authors who wish to present their results without writing a paper may submit a 500- to 1000-word abstract. This option allows for ‘late-breaking’ news/results.
Both paper and poster submissions will be peer reviewed. Papers and posters presented at this conference will be published in a bound proceedings published by IS&T.
Conference papers are accepted on all topics of data visualization, including, but not limited to:
- biomedical visualization
- case studies and empirical studies
- data mining
- exploratory data visualization and analysis
- geographic visualization
- graph visualization
- high-performance computing and visualization
- image processing
- information visualization
- multivariate time series visualization
- scientific visualization
- sentiment analysis
- social media
- virtual and augmented reality
- human factors
- volume and flow visualization
Questions regarding paper submission or conference participation should be directed to the conference chairs: